Sunday 11 January 2015

Introduction

For the second semester in university, we have started a project call 'Gothic Horror'. My initial thoughts about this second project is learning history from the Victorian era and also learn how to design and styling for performed body. We are going to recreate the styles and the look for the characters, Miss Havisham and Estella or Pip in 'Great Expectations' by Charles Dickens. I'm looking forward to this project and found it very exciting and interesting as I will learn how to create cuts, scratches, bruises, etc , which I always want to learn how to do them. I can't wait to learn new skills and techniques from this project and also improve the skills that I've learnt from the first project.
 
There are a few facts that I know about the Victorian era such as society was divided into different classes and upper class women used corsets to add shape and curves to the body. Upper class ladies clothing were elaborately decorated and adorn with jewels, lace and beads. They had pale skin as they did not needed to work under the sun, like the working class and the pale complexion was a sign of showing nobility at that time as well. To understand more about the history of Victorian era, I am going to do further researches and develop my ideas on this project throughout this blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment