Sunday 15 February 2015

Contemporary Gothic Make-up

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/236x/f8/08/2a/f8082afb3c0b955c2eacc0e75cb30909.jpg
The use of pale complexion and dark hues colour links to the Gothic style and I like the eye makeup look in here as the makeup artist has used the black eye shadow to outline the purple eye shadow to make the shape more sharp and bold. I find the hairstyle links to the Victorians and is a modern interpretations of them as on the left, it looks like the spiral curls on the side of the face which related to early Victorians. On the right hand side, I think it looks like the late Victorian's hairstyle as the curls move to the back and the side of the hair become smooth and tidy.
https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/236x/c3/2f/06/c32f06a489ce48b243d0f516b6c22c1d.jpg
On below is a makeup look done by a Korean Makeup Artist, Park Hyemin (Pony). This make-up look reminds me of the Gothic as the use of pale complexion and the black colour. I like the idea and the way it looks like there are black tears coming out from her eyes in different directions which makes the makeup look more dramatic and realistic. But on the other hand, I find it quite creepy as well :P. I also like the colours on the lips which creates a gradient effect and how Pony put a layer of gloss on the lips to add shine and make the look more unique.
https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/236x/12/f0/a5/12f0a5a46ab35ee0c13a13cfb5915eb7.jpg
I like this makeup look because of how the eye makeup looks dramatic and it catches my eyes. The use of black colour, pale complexion and also black lace links to the Gothic look. I like the way the makeup artist stick the black lace around the eyes and how it matches the nails and the hat that the model was wearing. I think this makeup looks very elegant, luxurious and also sexy as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment