Sunday 8 February 2015

Gothic inspirations

10 Key Motifs within the gothic:
  • Crisis
  • Strange places
  • Clashing time periods
  • The uncanny
  • The Sublime
  • The supernatural and the real
  • Sexual Power
  • Terror versus horror
  • A world of doubt
  • Power and constraint
 
 On above are the photos that I've taken when I studied my A-levels. I found these photos quite creepy and it has got a sense of horror and terror within the photographs. I also think they both create a ghostly effects as well.
This is a photo taken when I was on my way to Southampton Old Cemetery and I find it similar to what I imagine of Miss Havisham's Satis House in 'Great Expectations' while there are many tree branches and leaves around and outside the house. It also gives feelings of uncanny and horror.
After that, I arrived Southampton Old Cemetery and I've taken some photos from there which I think links to the theme of 'Gothic'. 
 
 
 The reason I took this photo is because I think it looks like a never-ending road which gives mystery feelings.
 This photo was taken when I walked back to my house at night and I find this photo quite spooky as it was dark on the street and the way there is light behind the gate.

No comments:

Post a Comment