Wednesday 18 February 2015

Preparing props for my version of Miss Havisham

Dead flowers:
I have brought some fake flowers and I think the colour of the flowers look old and dark which looks like dead flowers. After I have sprayed the dry shampoo onto the hair, the dry shampoo also get onto the flowers as well and it creates a dusty effects which I think works well for my design.

An old yellowish wedding veil:
I've bought a white creamy fabric from the fabric shop and I think this will be good and useful for creating the veil for my Miss Havisham's look.
 In order to make the veil look old and yellowish, I have used two teabags and hot water. I have placed the veil onto the water and after that I have also rubbed the teabag on the veil as well.
 Then, I have left the veil to dry.
Finally, the old yellowish veil was done and I like how it looks creasy and got a vintage style.

I've bought a lace top for Miss Havisham character and the reason I use this is because in Victorian era, they wore white wedding dress after Queen Victoria wore her white wedding dress. Also, lace was popular at that time, so I think this top will fit my version and imagination of Miss Havisham. 

No comments:

Post a Comment