Sunday 29 March 2015

Claudia's four make-up designs

Claudia's make-up design 1
For the first design for Claudia, I have mainly focus on choosing bright colours on this design. I have used the colour red on the cheeks. On the left eye, I have used a yellow eye shadow while on the right, I have used a light green eye shadow. The reason I use two different colours is because I want to create colour contrast and present the ideas of the funny character of  a clown. The under eyes make-up also create a contrast with the lips make-up as the patterns on the eyes look like the clown is crying but on the other hand, the lips show a smiling facial expression which symbolise Claudia has psychotic and also her mood always change as well. The cut on her neck adds horror effect to Claudia's character and I want to show the audience that she loves watching horror TV series. On this design, I am going to block the texture of the eyebrows with glue first, paint them in white and draw the eyebrows with black colour on the forehead as I want to change the brow shape and make the look more creepy. The face and the neck will be in white colour and I have used black eye shadow for shading.
Claudia's make-up design 2
For Claudia's design 2, I have used a cut next to the mouth on the right side to create a scary, horror look, like making the smile look more obvious. On this design, I have focus using the colour green yellow, red, white and black. The face and the neck will be in white colour. For the eye brows, I will use glue to block the texture of the eyebrows first, then I will paint them in white as well and draw a new brow shape on the forehead. I like this design because of how the patterns of the brows look unique and the way I blend the black lines of the brows patterns and the crease with black eye shadow at the bottom to create a three dimensional effect. This design idea of this make-up comes from shapes and lines. I have used triangles on the cheeks and circle on the nose on this make-up design. I like the way I have used green arrow under the eyes which I think makes the design more interesting. This make-up look is inspired by Peter Phillips's works which I've researched previously. 
Claudia's make-up design 3
For design 3, I have decided to present Claudia's character by dividing her face into two side which means the two side I will be doing two different make-up and I want to create contrast within the make-up. So on the left side, I will do a evil clown make-up which shows the audience that Claudia likes to watch horror TV series and she likes doing evil looking make-up on herself. On the right side, I have done a natural make-up look as I want the design to show the audience what Claudia originally is and the way she uses the clown make-up as a mask to hide her inner feelings and the clown character is used to fulfill her childhood and makes her feel happier I like how the lips on the clown side looks like she is smiling which gives an evil and uncanny looking. For the clown make-up side, I will block the texture of the eyebrows with glue first and then paint half of the face with white. For the natural make-up side, I will use a foundation colour which matches my model's skin. I like how I have blend the black colours under the brows pattern and under the lips and also on the lips, I have applied white colour to create shine and all these helps to create three dimensional effects. I have used black eye shadow to separate the two side of the face so to make-up the contrast of the make-up stand out more. The reason I use purple and black around the eyes because they are dark hues colours which links to horror and create mysterious effect.
Claudia's make-up design 4
For the forth design, I have also separated the face into two side and two two different make-up. On the right is the natural make-up while on the left is a clown's make-up. For the natural make-up side, I will use the foundation colour which matches my model's skin while on the clown side, I will be doing the face and neck in white colour. I will block the texture of the eye brows with glue first and then use the white base to cover it. For the lips on the clown side, I have drawn the angles higher as I want the look to show evil looking and creepy smile. On the clown make-up side, I have used a red eye shadow on the lid while on the lower lash lone and eye bag, I have applied a green eye shadow which matches the colour of the three patterns on the upper eyelid. The idea why I use green and red colour is because from the trailer of the series that I've chosen for this project, the colour green and red are included in it to show the audience that they are the colours represent danger in the series. I have used black gel liners to draw around the crease, the half triangle on the nose, under  and around the lips, cheeks and also on the eyes. I have used black eye shadow to draw a line in the middle of the face so the make-up will look more dramatic and stand out. 

No comments:

Post a Comment