Wednesday 25 March 2015

Dark eyes and lips

Model: Harriet Saloway
On above is a demonstration of  dark eyes and lips makeup look which our tutor, Fenella did in class.

Equipments:
  • Cleanser, toner, moisturizer
  • An apron
  • Eye shadow colour used - Vanilla ,Brown, Black colour
  • Black eyeliner
  • Lip pencil liner
  • A lipstick
  • A lip brush
  • Eye shadow brushes
  • An angle brush
  • Mascara
  • Disposable mascara
Step 1: Cleanse, tone and moisturize the model's face and ask the model if she or he has got any allergies. Ask the model to put on the apron.
2: Start with applying the lightest colour of eye shadow (Vanilla) colour on the whole eyelids first.
3: Then, Apply the brown eye shadow on the eyelid. Use a clean eye shadow brush to blend out the edges.
4: Use the black eye shadow and apply it on the outer lid and lower lash line. Use a clean eye shadow brush to blend the edges of the black eye shadow and also allow the black colour blend with the brown colour.
5: Apply the black eyeliner on the upper and lower lash line.
6: Apply the mascara with a disposable mascara.
7: For the lips, use a lip pencil liner first to outline the shape and it helps to make the lip shape more clearly seen. Then, apply the lipstick on the lips.

http://www.thefashionspot.com/images/tfs2010/2012/March/strong-eyes.jpg
In class, I have continued and create a more dramatic dark eyes look on my partner, like a catwalk dark smokey eyes.

Step 1: Apply the black eye shadow on the eyelid and after that, blend out the edges with a clean eye shadow brush to create the smoky eyes effect.
Step 2: In order to create bold black smokey eyes, I have built up more layers of black eye shadow and blend out the edges again.
I have created a dramatic, bold black smokey eyes makeup look and on above are the photos taken after I've finished the look.

At home, I have practiced the black smokey eyes on myself this time.
Equipments:
  • Cleanse, toner, moisturizer
  • An apron
  • Illamasqua eye shadow palette
  • MAC mixing medium gel
  • MAC Black lip mix
  • Eye shadow brushes
  • Angle brushes
  • A lip brush
As for my Claudia's design, I have decided to use clown for my character ideas, I have found a black and white photo from the Internet of a clown because I want to practice creating shapes around the eyes and also it allows me to practice more of how to create a clown makeup. 

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/236x/ed/29/0d/ed290d202c2ff6c7e6d33576d84ea679.jpg
The reason I choose this photo is because I like the shape around the eyes of the clown in the photo.
 
 
For the left hand side, I have used black eye shadow mixed with MAC mixing medium gel to create the black shape around my eye. I have also used black eye shadow to soften out the edges of the shape. The disadvantage on mixing the MAC mixing medium gel with black eye shadow is that when apply to the skin, the colour wasn't very even.
For the right hand side, I have only used black eye shadow to create the shape and also I have used an eye shadow brush to soften out the edges.

Dark Lips:
For the dark lips, I have used the black lip mix with an angle brush to line out the edges first. After that, I have filled in the lips with the black lip mix.

In order to improve next time, for the eye makeup on the right, I should draw the shape bigger so as to balance the two side. Also, I can blend out the edges a bit more so to create a more softer texture.

No comments:

Post a Comment