Monday 30 March 2015

Final designs facecharts & haircharts for Claudia & Quentin's character


Quentin
Quentin's final hair design
The reason I've chosen design 1 for my final look for Quentin is because I like how the hair is messy and spiky and it is suitable for Quentin's scene as I portray Claudia lock Quentin in a room and punish him to express her emotions, so the hair will look a bit messy.

Quentin's face chart

On above is Quentin's final design face chart and the reason I choose design 2 is because I like the way the stitches are placed and forms a W patterns rather than just all placing vertically. I also like how I use the dark circles and dark brown shading to give tired look for Quentin and I think it gives a more scary effects. The skin tone will be the same as the model so the foundation will match the skin tone of him. The way there is a bruise on the forehead make the design more interesting and I like how I created an old bruise to show it is not the first time Claudia punishing Quentin.


Quentin's hand chart
I've added the hand chart for Quentin's design because I want to do something more to show how important Quentin is for Claudia and I've used a tattoo which is Claudia's name to show and symbolize so the audience will notice their relationship. I've also added a bruise on the right arm because compare to the bruise on the forehead, the bruise on the arm is a new bruise as it is red in colour, but on the forehead one, it is like purplish, bluish colour which shows an older bruise. These help to show that it's not the first time Claudia is having a bad day and she imagine Quentin 'morph into an uncouth potato chav with all that brings with it' and this is the way she express her emotions. For the tattoo, I have used the font call 'English Towne' which is a modern version fonts of the blackletter.

Claudia
I've chosen hair design 2 because I like the crimp patterns on the hairstyle which I think it suits the clown's character and I like how it gives the hair a bit texture. The way I add a black hat which gives a more powerful looking for Claudia and I like the way the middle parting is shown clearly on this design.


I have chosen design 3 for my Claudia's final look as I like how I divide the face into two parts to show and express the ideas of Claudia's personality in the story. The evil clown is used to show she likes to watch horror TV series and is used to fulfill her childhood memories which make her feel happier. While on the normal makeup side, it shows a normal character of Claudia, just like the girls in daily lives and I like this contrast of makeup and I think it works well with the design of my Claudia's character. The contrast of the makeup also presents her as psychotic. The script is scripted that she can be seen as humorous which links to the evil smile on the clown makeup. 

No comments:

Post a Comment