Saturday 28 March 2015

Quentin's four make-up designs


Design 1

For the first design, I have created a dark black smokey eyes and the reason is that dark colours are always used in horror as many people afraid of the dark. It also means unknown and uncanny. I have used a dark brown colour shading under the cheekbones as I want to create a tired looking and this helps to make the structure of the face stand out more. The skin tone will be the same as the model so the foundation will match the skin tone of him. I have placed the stitches vertically and apply light colour blood on top to make it looks like its still bleeding and Claudia just done the stitches.


Design 2
For Quentin's makeup design 2, I have created a bruise on the forehead and it is purplish, red and bluish colour which is around 2 to 5 days old bruise. This helps to show Claudia punished Quentin more than once. I have used a dark brown colour to contour the face and dark eye circles as I want to make Quentin look tired and add a bit of horror effects to the character. I have placed the stitches in W patterns and add light colour blood to show the audience that the stitches are just done by Claudia which creates tension for the scene and also build an uncanny atmosphere which the audience will question why Claudia stitches Quentin's mouth?. The skin tone will be the same as the model so the foundation will match the skin tone of him.

Design 3
Quentin's makeup design 3, I have used dark brown colour to do the contouring under the cheekbones which make the structure of the face stand out. For the stitches, I have placed them in a W patterns and added light colour blood to show they are new stitches (fresh blood is light in colour). Also, for the cut on Quentin's neck, I will use cine wax to create the cut's shape first and then add wound filler and light colour blood on it. The reason I use a cut on the neck on this design because as Claudia likes to watch horror TV series, I want to create Quentin's character more scary looking. The skin tone will be the same as the model so the foundation will match the skin tone of him. For the eye makeup, I've used black smokey eyes because the colour black or dark colours in horror is associated with unknown and mystery.

Design 4
For design 4, I've created a bruise around the right eye. The colour of the bruise is purplish, red and bluish colour, so it means that it is not a new bruise and is around 2 to 5 days old which shows Claudia's having bad mood more than once and it is a way to tell the audience how Claudia express her emotions by punishing Quentin. I have added contouring under the cheekbones with a dark brown colour to make the structure of the face stand out more and it helps to create a tired looking. The skin tone will be the same as the model so the foundation will match the skin tone of him. For the stitches, I have placed them vertically and on top, I have added light colour blood which shows the stitches is new and whenever Claudia's having a bad mood, she will stitch his mouth so Quentin can't say anything.

No comments:

Post a Comment